Trusts & major donors
If you are involved with a Trust, Foundation or Corporate Social Responsibility team and want to play your part in helping resolve the issues connected with homelessness then we would love to hear from you. We would be delighted to discuss how we can work in partnership and any aspects of our work you wish to support.
Our major donors
The Pret Foundation Trust
Since 2007 Pret A Manger has generously supported our work in many different ways. Nicki Fisher, Head of the Pret Foundation, explains why.
“The Pret Foundation Trust has supported the 999 Club for eight years now. Their ethos chimes very well with Pret – They believe in people and their ability to change their lives. The 999 Club cares and takes well thought out steps to achieve success for their clients.”
We have built a rich partnership with Pret through not only financial donations, but also through gifts-in-kind and volunteering. Just a few of the fantastic ways they have supported us include:
- Providing financial support towards day-to-day running costs and special projects.
- The daily delivery of delicious sandwiches and salads.
- Giving places to our services users on the Pret Apprenticeship Scheme
- Encouraging Pret staff to volunteer.
- Giving us an industrial dishwasher, after Pret staff volunteering with us saw our own staff struggling with a domestic washer.
- Christmas celebrations: decorating our winter night shelter, supporting Christmas parties and carol services, and running a service user’s quiz for entertainment in the long winter evenings.
Kirkland & Ellis is committed, through its Charitable Foundation, to supporting small local charities that make a real difference. The 999 Club works with the most vulnerable in society, offering support, help and advice, a meal, and a bed in the colder months. The 999 Club is very well supported by a large team of volunteers, and having visited the Charity and seen the good work that is going on, Kirkland & Ellis was delighted to offer its support.